Module with 4 white LED based on the TAOS TCS230 chip, a color light-frequency converter. The sensor is composed of 16 photodiodes with blue filters, green filters, red filters and unfiltered.
All the photodiodes of the same color are connected in parallel. When an object is placed in front of the module, at a distance of not more than 10 cm, it is illuminated by 4 white LEDs and the reflected light will hit the 64 photodiodes, resulting in a square wave output (Duty cycle 50%) with a frequency directly proportional to the intensity of the reflected light. The full scale output frequency can be adjusted to one of three preset values available via two control input pins. The full scale output frequency can be adjusted to one of three preset values available via two control input pins. The digital inputs and digital output allows you to interface directly to the Arduino or other logic circuits. The pins S2 and S3 are used to select which group of photodiodes (red, green, blue, clear) are active.
- High-Resolution Conversion of Light Intensity to Frequency
- Programmable Color and Full-Scale Output Frequency
- Communicates Directly With a Microcontroller
- Single-Supply Operation (2.7 V to 5.5 V)
- Power Down Feature
- Nonlinearity Error Typically 0.2% at 50 kHz
- Stable 200 ppm/°C Temperature Coefficient
- Low-Profile Surface-Mount Package
TCS230 Color Recognition Sensor module
- Brand: Futura Group Srl
- Product Code: 2846-SENSORECOLORE
- Availability: In Stock